To register for this years Cub Klondike, fill out an A & B Health form and get it to your den leaders on the 23rd. We will cover the $10 fee.
Health Form A & B — Annual BSA Health and Medical Records:
These forms are the individual health forms required for ALL participants in basic Scouting activities such as local tours and weekend camping trips less than 72 hours in duration. These forms must include a copy of an insurance card, and must be hand delivered.
This form only needs to be submitted once a year.
As many of you already know, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS) scouting program is being discontinued, effective December 31, 2019.
This means that Pack 260 will no longer exist in 2020 and any families that wish to continue scouting will need to join another Pack or Troop.
On top of this, our first presidency has also made changes to the Age-Group Progression for Children and Youth.
Even with all of these changes we have been instructed to run scouting much the same way as before.
After prayerful consideration and talking this through we have decided to continue the Cub Scout program as follows, in accordance with the instructions of the first presidency:
- Youth will continue to transition between dens based on their birthday as shown:
- Wolfs: Finished 1st grade or are 8 years old
- This is in an effort to have enough youth in our wolf den.
- Bears: 9 years old
- Webelos: 10 & 11 years old
- This will allow our youth more time to complete their arrow of light rank.
- We also encourage and support our 11 year old scout to join in the scouting camp trips and mentor our younger scouts.
- We will have one crossing over ceremony towards the end of the year.
If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us!