Hi everyone! We hope you are enjoying the beginning of summer break and are looking forward to our upcoming Cub Scout Day Camp. Here are a few things we would like to share with you:
1. We are looking for adult volunteers (18+) and teens (16+) to run and assist at a few of the stations. We need helpers at the BB range and archery range, obstacle course, and space lab.
2. We would very much appreciate help setting up on Wednesday, June 15 at the LDS Lyons building, located at 200 2nd Ave. in Lyons. We will be there from noon until 5 p.m.
3. Clean up help is vital for Friday afternoon after 4 p.m. We would love fresh adults with who haven’t been in the sun all day to come to our rescue! Bringing a truck would be an added bonus! We will be breaking down camp and transporting supplies back to our storage unit in Superior.
4. We will NOT have a Trading Post this year, so make sure your Scout knows he does not need to bring any money to this event. Because the event is being held at a church, we will not be allowed to sell anything.
June 16 — 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
June 17 — 8:30 a.m. to 4:15 p.m.
What to bring:
- lunch, drinks, and snacks for both days (this includes adult volunteers)
- sunscreen (make sure to apply before arriving as well)
- water bottles (we will have water stations for refills)
- closed toe shoes (no crocs/sandals). Boys cannot participate in shooting sports if they are wearing crocs or sandals (BSA safety regulation)
- inhalers/epi-pens, if applicable
- camp shirt to wear on both days (this will be given out at registration on Day 1)
Please do not drop off your scout and leave until you see one of their adult leaders from your pack. One adult leader from your group will have a clipboard to sign in your scout. If an adult leader has not arrived yet, do not leave. This applies to both days.
If your scout has a health condition (such as a serious allergy), be prepared to make a quick stop at the health desk to make sure our health staff is aware of any potential needs.
If you arrive late and activities have already started, just come to the camp office located inside the building and we will get your scout checked in and grouped with their pack.
Please do not leave with your scout until you have checked out with your pack adult leader with the clipboard. If you need to pick up your scout before camp is over for the day (before4:00), come see us in the camp office located inside the building and we will check your scout out and retrieve them from their pack.
We look forward to having a great Day Camp!
Darcy Brown — Cub Scout Day Camp Director
JoLyn Oliver — Cub Scout Day Camp Program Director
John Eastman — Sr. District Scout Executive
Mountain View District